European Youth Roots 2020-2022
Tourism is one of the most dynamic economic sectors in the world. This continued growth in tourism is accompanied by increased consumer awareness of sustainable (environmentally friendly), participatory and inclusive tourism.
- Raise awareness on the theme of sustainable and inclusive tourism, understand the business opportunities it offers and how to take advantage of them individually or as a group of young entrepreneurs. In this way, the EYR project promotes the involvement of young people in innovative projects in the field of participatory and sustainable tourism.
- Develop a coherent strategy to improve and diversify the promotion of sustainable and inclusive tourism services,
- Recognise, develop and fully exploit the potential of cultural and natural heritage (develop high value/low volume (specialised) rather than high volume/low value (mass) tourism).
- Produce the results of new innovative approaches to better support competitiveness and employment, in particular at regional and local level, and promote the integration of young NEETs. The tourism sector has great potential for the development of entrepreneurial activity, as the vast majority of tourism enterprises are small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
The main target group consists of young entrepreneurs active in tourism in rural areas with a declining population and/or in regions suffering from the economic crisis.
Trainers, representatives and other staff of tourism-related associations and business advisory and support organisations will also benefit from EYR. It is through them that the results will be transmitted to the final beneficiaries.
The project uses a clear, comprehensive and high quality methodology, including the 3 phases: Strategy, Development and Implementation.
The following results will be developed within the framework of this project:
- Awareness Campaign
- Manual - How to implement participatory, inclusive and sustainable tourism?
- Manual - How to promote the results of your participatory, inclusive and sustainable tourism
- Platform and online community
The expected impact is to enable the target group of young people to develop entrepreneurial initiatives and skills in the participatory, inclusive and sustainable tourism sector. They will be able to use the skills and competences acquired to improve the competitiveness and quality of their offers. The project will also have a lasting impact on communities, the tourism sector, support for youth entrepreneurship from the local to the European level.